Monday, June 15, 2009

ごめんなさい

Dear The Environment,

You know that I like you. You know that I'm a big fan of recycling and sustainable foods and not eating endangered animals. But it's not my fault that whales are so frickin' delicious. Maybe if you didn't make the things that I moralistically should not eat in good conscious so tasty, we could avoid this whole dilemma. It's not you, it's whales. Maybe we need to see other people for just a little bit until you can forgive me for ordering the fried kujira burger at Lucky Pierrot, the local hamburger chain that is ironically the most popular restaurant in all of Hakodate. But hey, I hope we can still be friends.

Kisses,
~Elliot


3 comments:

- cj - said...

Please do elaborate! Flavor? Texture? ご感想は? Curious minds with timid palates and overwhelming guilt-complexes want to know!

cynthia said...

EliYACHT!! Not whale!!
Free editing from cynthiaeenglish: "conscience" not conscious. I cannot believe you speak JAPANESE ALL DAY AND THEN WRITE THIS VERY INTERESTING BLOG IN ENGLISH!!
After day #3 in Nice I was thinking/writing Frenglish.
Just returned from a 5 a.m. trip to Portland--the "dam trip" and Uncle Gary's Dad's funeral--and home again the same day--10:30 p.m. Yo'M

Elliot said...

Oops, didn't respond about the taste yet. It's really the most "unique" flavor I've had in a while. (And the quotes are positive). I say unique because most dishes you can draw a comparison to something else you've eaten, but not so much this. The meat is very dark in color, rich in protein, and low in fat. It's a strong without being tough or stringy and is incredibly savory. Mmmm whale.